Monday, July 09, 2007

Pythonic interfaces?

This talk is about (the java understanding of) interfaces. The argument is that if you work with many many people on large scale projects, you basically need interfaces. I tend to agree, but I think large teams are a bad idea :)

So, the speaker also mentions that the other solutions out there (zope interfaces, py-protocols etc) are overly complex. Yes I agree, let's see...

Ah-ha, he uses decorators and inheritance to implement the functionality of an interface. And that seems to be it, mostly.

Well, I sort of like that the author tries to out of his way to make usage of it easy. The thing is contained in a single file. Speed seems to have been a focus, since it caches and optimizes for instanciation time.

Well, I don't know, it might be helping, it might be not, on any account there's no version up of it to date at http://www.mikeware.com/index.php

No comments: